Wanna know the truth- Hyundai and KIA are the Premium Brands.
1. Hyundai/KIA now has among the most premium small car product on the planet.
- All new Hyundai Accent despite our complaints on Accent Planet is packed with technology most cars in it's class can only dream of.
- All new KIA Rio meets many of the basic requirements for a premium small car in terms of:
A. Feel with it's soft touch interior, and available leather seating.
B. Performance with it's superior GDi powertrain which merges style and substance together to make a compelling package.
C. Aesthetics with it's premium car Projector LED headlamp packages.
- All New Hyundai Veloster with packages, safety Features, and much more that make it a Premium small car
- Hyundai Elantra as well as the all New KIA Forte coming online are far above Premium small cars, even more so than the Jettas and Golfs that used to be premium themselves.
2. Hyundai/KIA now has very well to do Family cars with trinkets that scare the likes of Mercedes and Lexus in terms of value.
3. Hyundai/KIA has very well to do Large Sedans such as the Genesis and Equus.
The Point- Hyundai/KIA are the Premium "Genesis" brand HKAG is developing. However, like their past experience in building mass market cars on the cheap they plan to sell Premium cars to the mass market by building premium cars on the Cheap. Essentially, Hyundai/KIA is not the "Cheap Hyundai" of the Toyota world anymore, no it's the "Cheap Hyundai" of the Mercedes and Lexus world now.
Premium cars on the cheap It's worked for Chrysler for years now. Why not the Koreans? Chrysler Specialized in Big Premium cars and SUVs on the cheap for the Baby Boomers, and Hyundai is moving to Specialize in Premium Small cars for Generations X and Y.
What's the harm in that?
- In fact, if anything Hyundai/KIA should consider a downmarket brand starting in the developing world to eventually move to North America as the Cheap Chinese cars start to come on the scene.
Hyundai Smoke, is a controversial blogger and unapologetic Hyundai/KIA aficionado out to get people to learn how to love Korean cars especially small cars.